StairCap Stair Treads
Quickly and economically solve step safety and appearance problems.
StairCap™ indoor/outdoor decorative tread covers.
DECORATIVE TREAD COVERS are designed to add safety, approve appearance, and help to preserve the existing step’s integrity from weathering. The covers are constructed of a cement composite that’s treated to simulate decorative stained concrete. An aluminum nosing is incorporated and provides a tough anti-slip edge in a contrasting color for visual enhancement and safety. The result is an attractive, waterproof and extremely durable walking surface. The decorative cover is much safer and easier to clean than wood or concrete and quickly installs over your existing concrete or wooden step. Treads come with anchor hardware, installation instructions and a 10 year limited warranty.
11-7/8" deep 3/8" thick
- 36" length - $36.50
- 48" length - $42.50
- special order sizing and landing covers are available. (please inquire)
(Factory installation available some areas)
- Measure and cut to fit (if necessary) using circular saw with masonry blade. Allow 1/8” on each side for easy fit. Tread cover should be flush at front and back.
- For wooden steps place the cover over the step and attach using the screws provided. Recommended spacing as shown below.
- For concrete place the cover over the step and drill 1/8” dia. pilot holes through cover and slightly into the concrete to mark the anchor placement. Remove the cover and finish drilling into concrete using 1/4” masonry bit
- Install the plastic anchors provided. Place cover and attach into the anchors using screws provided.
- NOTE: DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN SCREWS. Screw head should be just slightly recessed into the cover.
- Apply a high grade acrylic caulk to the sides and back to prevent water migration under the cover.
- Your installation is complete!
(dark colors will assist in melting and drying ice and snow).
MOUNTING KIT, AND SIMPLE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED.
ALSO AVAILABLE ARE VINYL AND RUBBER TREADS FOR INDOOR USE.